Friday, September 24, 2010

Vampires

I gave blood yesterday.

OK, so I try to give blood as often as I can, even though I absolutely hate the process, but who doesn't? My iron has been a little too low, so I wasn't sure. When my second reading came up at 12.6 I was excited! Then there was the fun of finding a vein. WOW what a bruise! They gave me apple juice... I poured it all down the front of me. It was really just a comedy of errors.

Thankfully, despite some wooziness, all went well, and there is now some extra A- blood in the world. Even though it's not fun, I highly recommend you give blood! Plus, the snacks at the end are groovy. Hehe. I had cheese and crackers.

This morning I ate a banana before my coffee. Not sure why, other than I was hungry and it was the perfect ripeness. But we'll see how that goes... the food first thing. I'm not sure what I'm having for my real breakfast yet. I'll probably make something when I get to my mom's. The last few days I haven't been fantastic with food OR exercize. I'm hoping the bloodwork my doctor took will give me some answers to how I'm feeling.

Off to another Friday. I'm thinking about calling them "Fitness Fridays." What do you think? And I'll do something different than my normal routine... Any ideas?

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for donating.

    My next donation is scheduled for Oct 13th.

    ReplyDelete